Personal Safety in Baltimore
Baltimore is a big city. Like all other big cities, there are better parts and worse parts. The Inner Harbor area is fairly safe, but there are some common sense precautions everyone should take.
- Try not to walk alone at night. Try to go in groups.
- Be vigilant of your surroundings.
- Do not carry tons of cash with you.
- If you drive
- lock your car as soon as you get in and keep the door locked
- place your valuables including computers, checkbooks, mp3 players out of sight
- lock your car when you leave it
- look around your car before you get in when you come back
- Bring a cell phone